The Landscape Construction Assistant Manager is responsible for working directly with the Project Manager to help manage landscape construction. Responsibilities include scheduling, estimating, procurement, and support in management of landscape construction crews. The role requires the ability to work in an office and in the field.
The Landscape Construction Assistant Manager is responsible for the following:
- Reading and interpreting detailed construction documents and specifications.
- Procuring landscape construction materials including trees and plants
- Communicating with architects, landscape architects, and landscape construction field crews
- Assisting in preparation of cost estimates, subcontracts, change orders, and RFIs
The successful Landscape Construction Assistant Manager will have the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years minimum office and field experience
- Knowledge of landscape installation methods
- Knowledge of conventional drip and spray irrigation systems
- Knowledge of proper tree and plant installation and maintenance
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Clean DMV record – ability to drive company truck when needed
- College degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, or similar degree.
Preferred but not required:
- Bilingual- English/Spanish
- Knowledge of green roof irrigation and drainage installation
- Experience with estimating, bidding to subcontractors, preparing detailed budgets
- Familiarity with Sage Masterbuilder, Procore, and Autocad or Revit
Full time employment, with benefits – Health, vision, dental, 401k, and paid holiday, vacation, and sick time.
We ask qualified applicants to send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document no larger than 5MB. Only those who fulfill the position requirements will be contacted for interviews.