We are looking for a Librarian to manage and maintain our Los Angeles office materials library.
The successful candidate should have a broad understanding of the architectural and design process including materials and finishes. They should be able to work independently and as part of a team. The librarian will be required to work in the office to physically organize and maintain our materials library, and communicate with design staff. We are open to discussing both full-time and part-time arrangements.
Tasks and skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing an understanding of the office design aesthetic and principals, becoming familiar with the office portfolio of projects and the materials used
- Researching and evaluating new materials and presenting relevant new materials to the office
- Organizing and maintaining our library so staff has easy access to materials
- Ordering and tracking samples for project teams
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and manufacturers
- Reviewing products and materials with manufacturer representatives to determine their quality, custom capabilities, price points, and lead times in relation to other products in their respective divisions
- Coordinating with our New York and San Francisco offices if required
- Assisting with the preparation of project specifications for materials
- Assisting in creating design presentations if required
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.