The Estimator is responsible for managing all aspects of estimating, bidding, and budget development. They may also be involved in some project management including subcontracts, buy-outs and purchasing.
The Estimator is responsible for the following:
- Reading and interpreting detailed construction documents and specifications.
- Estimating job costs based on drawings and specifications.
- Developing and maintaining detailed budgets and schedule of values.
- Preparing scopes of work, RFPs, bid comparisons and work authorizations.
- Bidding out jobs to subcontractors.
- Communicating with architects.
- Supporting Project Managers.
The Estimator reports to the Construction Director.
The successful Estimator will have the following qualifications.
- 10+ years experience in high-end luxury residential construction estimating and/or project management.
- Passion for architecture and design.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated detailed experience with Excel.
- Strong computer skills with extensive experience in Microsoft suite including Excel and MS Project.
- Experience with Procore construction management.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills and ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comfort in working independently as problem solver in fast-paced environment.
- College degree.
Full time employment, with benefits – Health, vision, dental, 401k, and paid holiday, vacation, and sick time.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume as a single PDF no larger than 5 MB to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing. No telephone calls please.