We are looking for an expert architectural metal technician with extensive experience working on high-end projects.
This position is located in our El Segundo shop where we craft detailed metalwork and cabinetry.
- Reports to: Metal Shop Manager
- Supervises: Fabricators / Installers 1 and 2, in the absence of a Foreman
- Shop Hours: 6am – 2:30pm (may vary at discretion of Managers)
- Site Hours: Varies (typically 7am – 3:30pm)
- Shop Location: El Segundo
- Site Location: Varies (typically West LA)
- Leads sheet metal and miscellaneous metal fabrication and installation projects, performing hands-on work and supervising crew members
- Assists other Leads on projects as needed
- Effectively operates all common shop and installation tools and equipment
- Gives managers accurate time estimates for accomplishing project milestones
- Plans ahead, anticipating upcoming needs: material, equipment, site coordination, etc.
- Submits Daily Updates when working on job sites and verbal reports when in the shop
- Meets with the Metal Shop Manager weekly to discuss job progress
- Communicates professionally, following through with directions and delegating effectively
- Works to a high level of quality, efficiency, and safety
- Makes suggestions related to quality, efficiency and safety
- Understands and enforces safe working practices in the shop and on site
- Any other related tasks that the Managers may assign
- 5+ years experience with high – end architectural metal installation and fabrication
- TIG welding experience preferred
- Ability to read shop and architectural drawings
- Able to sit or stand long periods while on the job
- Able to communicate in a professional manner
- Able to use a personal phone for email, text, calls and navigation during work hours
- Able to lift 50 lbs. safely
We ask qualified applicants to send a resume to email@example.com in a single PDF document no larger than 5MB. Only those who fulfil the position requirements will be contacted for interviews.